The Grand Palace
Since the founding of Bangkok, the Grand Palace has been the major architectural symbol of the Thai Royal Family. For about 150 years, the Grand Palace was the official residence of the King until King Rama V, the royal residence of the kings was relocated to Dusit Palace. The Temple of the Emerald Buddha or Wat Phra Kaeo (2) where Thais pay respect to the Emerald buddha Image, occupies one corner of the Grand Palace complex.
The Vimanmek Mansion was built in 1990 by the King Rama V. It is recognised as the world’s largest teakwood mansion.
Bang Khunphrom Palace
Prince Boribhat Sukhumbhandi in King Rama V built Bang Khunphrom Palace for a Social Function in Honors. Moreover it was called as ‘Bang Khunphrom University’, where was ever a university for H.R.H. Prine and Princess or royal officer’s sons and daughters to study with foreign teachers. This palace constructed in 1906 and decorated with Baroque and Rococo Style.