Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in ASQ package?
- Accommodation with 3 meals a day from selected menu.
- Complimentary welcome snacks and soft drinks
- 4 bottles of drinking water per day, coffee and tea in room.
- Airport pick-up service on arrival date.
- Real time PCR COVID test 2 times on day 5 and day 12.
- 24 hours standby nursing service.
Are ASQ guests tested for COVID-19 at the hotel?
- Yes. Grande Centre Point Terminal 21 Bangkok works in partnership with Bumrungrad International Hospital to look after the health and safety of guests at the hotel. ASQ guests undergo 2 COVID-19 screening tests during their stay (Day 5 and Day 12) and a twice-daily compulsory temperature check.
What happens if an ASQ guest tests positive for COVID-19 at the hotel?
- Bumrangrad International Hospital shall take full responsibility for the guest, which including medical treatments and moving the patient to hospital or high performing hospital (depends on the patient’s condition).
Are ASQ guests allowed to leave their rooms?
No, except under the following circumstances:
- Negative COVID-19 test result – According to the Centre for the COVID-19 Situation Administration’s (CCSA) protocols, guests in the dedicated and isolated quarantine facility are confined exclusively to their rooms. However, guests may leave their room for 1 hour per day to get some fresh air in the designated areas after the completion of the 1st test with negative COVID-19 test result (after day 6).
- Cleaning service – is scheduled on day 7, day 10 and day 13. Guests are required to stay at waiting room while the service is on process.
Are ASQ guests allowed to use the hotel’s swimming pool?
- No. Under ASQ certification, guests whom attend the quarantine are not allowed to enter the swimming pool for recreational use or exercising.
Are ASQ guests allowed to use the hotel’s facilities?
- Yes, guests are allowed to use hotel’s facilities for 1 hour per day to get some fresh air in the designated areas after the completion of the 1st test with negative COVID-19 test (after day 6)
Is the hotel limited to ASQ guests only, or can anyone stay at or visit the hotel’s facilities?
- The hotel is currently accepting ASQ guests for accommodation. However, a certain number of other facilities and services are operating in accordance with the compulsory protocols, health and safety measures relating to physical distancing as strictly opt by the COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA). Under ASQ certification, ASQ guests are confined exclusively to their rooms in dedicated and isolated areas and have no access to the hotel’s public facilities and public areas.
Why do ASQ guests have to stay in the hotel for 15 nights instead of 14 nights?
- Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health requires ASQ guests to quarantine for 14 full days and counts the date of arrival in Thailand as Day 0, irrespective of the arrival time in the country on that day.
Are ASQ guests allowed to meet visitors from outside the hotel?
- No. According to the policy from Ministry of public health, outside guests are not allowed to meet with ASQ guests due to safety reason.
What kind of food does the hotel provide?
- Meals are based on rotation. There are choices of Asian, Western and Thai menus respectively.
Does the hotel offer halal food?
- No. However, hotel can provide menus without pork or lard. Alternatively, guests are also allowed to order Halal food from certified restaurant outside.
Can married couples share a hotel room?
- Yes. A copy of the couple’s marriage or partnership certificate must be submitted when making the Alternative State Quarantine hotel reservation.
Can families share a hotel room?
- Yes, parent(s) with child aged below 15 year-old can stay together in the same room. It is subject to the maximum occupants allowed per selected room or suite type. A copy-certificate of the parent’s marriage must be submitted when making the Alternative State Quarantine hotel reservation.
Can friends or unmarried couples share a hotel room?
- No. Only married couples and families can share a room.
Do infants stay for free?
- No. A supplement for infants up to the age of 1 year applies. This includes 2 COVID-19 screening test, a twice-daily compulsory temperature check, healthcare services by Bumrungrad International Hospital and full board meals.
Does the hotel supply baby food, diapers and other amenities for infants?
- Grande Centre Point Terminal 21 Bangkok supplies basic children’s amenities in rooms. For infants, parents are required to bring items such as baby food and diapers along. Cold storage facilities for baby food are available in room. Deliveries from online shopping are allowed (please see conditions relating to deliveries to hotel rooms). In addition, our staff can assist in buying essential items from shops nearby.
Are kids’ menus available for meals?
Can ASQ guests receive deliveries?
Yes, under the following conditions (please note that messaging services are strictly prohibited):
- The guest must inform the hotel of the delivery in advance, including date of delivery and estimated time of arrival.
- Upon delivery, the hotel is required to open and inspect the contents, then reseal the package in the presence of the delivery person, before delivering it to the guest’s room.
- For deliveries of prescription medicines, guests must provide a prescription and this has to be authorized by the hospital.
- • Items prohibited for delivery include uncooked foods, food without FDA label, yogurt or pasteurized milk item from outside, drugs, narcotics, alcoholic beverages, antipyretics fever reducing medicine, dangerous objects, weapons, food and beverages from delivery service.
Can ASQ guests receive food deliveries from family and friends?
Yes, under the following conditions:
- Only a family member of the guest, friend or someone related to the guest may deliver the food to the hotel – food deliveries by messenger or food delivery services are not allowed.
- Deliverer (family member of the guest, friend or someone related to the guest) must present his or her Thai ID card or passport upon the delivery of the food at the hotel.
- The guest must sign a disclaimer letter upon receiving the food.
Do I need to pay for my ASQ stay in advance?
- Yes, full payment for the selected ASQ package must be made when booking ASQ reservation.
Can I cancel or change an ASQ reservation?
- In case of amendment, postponement, changing a flight, please contact the hotel at least 3 days prior to arrival date.
- The advance payment is non-refundable. However, hotel shall flexible due to unforeseen circumstances (positive Covid-19 test before flying, Visa application disqualified). Required written notice and with supported documents at least 72 hours prior to arrival.
- 100% charge for no-show.
Can ASQ guests extend their stay at the hotel after the completion of the compulsory quarantine period?
- Guests can extend their stay at Grande Centre Point Terminal 21 Bangkok post completion of ASQ program. Special offer is available. Please contact our reservation department.
Can hotel visitors come into contact with ASQ guests?
- No. ASQ guests stay in quarantine at the hotel’s dedicated and isolated ASQ facilities and do not encounter other visitors or ASQ guests during their compulsory 15-night stay. ASQ guests arrive at the hotel directly from the airport in a specially designed vehicle upon entering Thailand and enter the hotel via dedicated and isolated areas, directly to their allocated rooms.