Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in ASQ package?
- Accommodation with 3 meals a day from selected menu.
- Complimentary snacks and soft drink.
- 4 bottles of drinking water per day, coffee and tea in room.
- Airport pick up service on arrival date
- Real time PCR COVID test 3 times
- 24 hours standby nursing service
Are ASQ guests tested for COVID-19 at the hotel?
- Yes. Grande Centre Point Terminal 21 Bangkok works in partnership with Bumrungrad International Hospital to look after the health and safety of guests at the hotel. ASQ guests undergo 2 COVID-19 screening tests during their stay (Day 5 and Day 12). ASQ guests undergo a twice-daily compulsory temperature check.
What happens if an ASQ guest tests positive for COVID-19 at the hotel?
- Hospital shall take full responsibility for the guest, which including medical treatments and moving the patient to hospital or high performing hospital (depends on the patient’s condition).
Are ASQ guests allowed to leave their rooms?
No, except under the following circumstances:
- Negative COVID-19 test result – Under the Centre for the COVID-19 Situation Administration’s (CCSA) protocols guests in the dedicated and isolated quarantine facility are confined exclusively to their rooms, but may leave their room for 1 hour per day to get some fresh air in an isolated area after they have 2nd tested negative for COVID-19.
- Cleaning service – Servicing of ASQ guest rooms takes place every 2 days (after 1st COVID test with negative result). Guests are required to stay at waiting room while the housekeeper services it.
Are ASQ guests allowed to use the hotel’s swimming pool?
- No, under ASQ certification guests in quarantine are not allowed to enter the swimming pool for recreational use or exercising.
Are ASQ guests allowed to use the hotel’s facilities?
- No. A supplementary charge is applied for infants. This includes 2 COVID-19 screening tests and healthcare services by International Hospital.
Is the hotel limited to ASQ guests only, or can anyone stay at or visit the hotel’s facilities?
- The hotel is currently only accepting ASQ guests for accommodation. However, certain other facilities and services are operational in accordance with the compulsory protocols and health and safety measures relating to physical distancing as set out by the COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA). Under ASQ certification, ASQ guests are confined exclusively to their rooms in dedicated and isolated areas and have no access to the hotel’s public facilities and public areas.
Why do ASQ guests have to stay in the hotel for 15 nights instead of 14 nights?
- Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health requires ASQ guests to quarantine for 15 days. Hotel also provides calendar for your reference on the arrival date.
Are ASQ guests allowed to meet visitors from outside the hotel?
- No. As per Ministry of public health policy, outside guest did not allow to meet with ASQ guests due to safety reason.
What kind of food does the hotel provide?
- Rotated Asian, Western and Thai menus are available for your choice.
Does the hotel offer halal food?
- No. However hotel can provide menus without pork or lard. Guest also allows order Halal food from outside certified restaurant.
Can married couples share a hotel room?
- Yes. A copy of the couple’s marriage or partnership certificate must be submitted when making the Alternative State Quarantine hotel reservation.
Can families share a hotel room?
- Yes, Parent with child who age lowers than 15 years old can stay together in the same room. It’s subject to the maximum occupants allowed per selected room or suite type. A copy of the parents’ marriage certificate must be submitted when making the Alternative State Quarantine hotel reservation.
Can friends or unmarried couples share a hotel room?
- No. Only married couples and families can stay sharing in the same room.
Do infants stay for free?
- No. A supplement for infants applies. This includes 3 COVID-19 screening tests and healthcare services by Bumrungrad International Hospital.
Does the hotel supply baby food, diapers and other amenities for infants?
- Grande Centre Point Terminal 21 Bangkok supplies basic children’s’ amenities in rooms for infants. Parents are required to bring items such as baby food and diapers along. Cold storage for baby food is available in room. Deliveries from online shopping are allowed (please see conditions relating to deliveries to hotel rooms). In addition, our staff can assist in buying essential items from shops nearby.
Are kids’ menus available for meals?
Can ASQ guests receive deliveries?
Yes, under the following conditions (please note that messaging services are strictly prohibited):
- The guest must inform the hotel of the delivery in advance, including date of delivery and estimated time of arrival.
- Upon delivery, the hotel is required to open and inspect the contents, then reseal the package in the presence of the delivery person, before delivering it to the guest’s room.
- For deliveries of prescription medicines, guests must provide a prescription and this has to be authorized by the hospital.
- Items prohibited for delivery include uncooked foods, food without FDA label, yogurt or pasteurized milk item from outside, drugs, narcotics, alcoholic beverages, antipyretics fever reducing medicine, dangerous objects, weapons and food and beverages from delivery service.
Can ASQ guests receive food deliveries from family and friends?
Yes, under the following conditions:
- Only family member, friend or someone related to the guest may deliver the food to the hotel – food deliveries by messenger or food delivery services are not allowed.
- Deliverer must present his or her Thai ID card or passport upon the delivery of the food at the hotel.
- The guest must sign a disclaimer letter upon receiving the food.
Do I need to pay for my ASQ stay in advance?
- Yes, full payment for the selected ASQ package is required when booking reservation.
Can I cancel or change an ASQ reservation?
- In case of a room cancellation, the advance payment is non-refundable. In case of a change of stay dates, the hotel must be notified in writing 72 hours in advance of the original arrival date and the rebooking is subject to room availability on the new requested dates.
Can ASQ guests extend their stay at the hotel after the completion of the compulsory quarantine period?
- Guests can extend their stay at Grande Centre Point Terminal 21 Bangkok post completion of ASQ program. Special offer is available. Please contact our reservation department.
Can hotel visitors come into contact with ASQ guests?
- No. ASQ guests stay in quarantine at the hotel’s dedicated and isolated ASQ facilities and do not encounter other visitors or ASQ guests during their compulsory 15-night stay. ASQ guests arrive at the hotel directly from the airport in a specially designed vehicle upon entering Thailand and enter the hotel via dedicated and isolated areas, directly to their allocated rooms.